April 21, 2011

The best kind of surprise!

As I indicated in my last post, things are wrapping up for the semester. As a matter of fact, this is my last semester at UNF so, for me, things are also wrapping up for the program itself. After next week, I will be the official bearer of another educational degree!

And apparently, the third time really is the charm. Or maybe it really is the "year of the Hare!" Either way, I had a great surprise this week when I was handed a letter that began like this:


Maybe that's a little small to read, so here it is: I've been named the Outstanding Student in Journalism for the Spring 2011 Graduating Class!

Yea!

I'll receive a certificate and a cord to wear with my cap and gown at the graduation ceremony. Ironically, however, I'd actually decided a while back that I wouldn't be attending the graduation ceremony since I've already had the opportunity to do that several times in the past and didn't want to worry with it this time around.

So maybe I should rephrase that first statement: I'll receive a certificate and a cord to wear with my imaginary cap and gown at the graduation ceremony. I'm very honored to have been chosen to receive that title. It was a surprise to me! ... the best kind :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment