April 25, 2011

Article in Print! Art of Caring

This article is one that I completed for class. We were assigned with interviewing one of the award recipients for this year's HandsOn Jacksonville volunteer awards. HandsOn Jacksonville awards individuals or organizations for their volunteer work and contribution to the community each year. They focus on everything from the arts to medicine and environment.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Wayne Wood, the founder of the Riverside Arts Market.



I was particularly excited to have the chance to talk to Dr. Wood because I have been a big fan of the market ever since I heard that there was a possibility it would happen. Having visited the Portland Saturday Market several times, I understand the impact that such a thing can have for a community and the Riverside Arts Market has certainly been a hit and, in some cases, life-changing event.

You can check out the story on Dr. Wood, as well as the stories written by my classmates on the other HandsOn Jacksonville award winners.

* On a side note, I just realized that mine must have been one of the four stories that was chosen for print in the paper. Here is that version ... I'm very glad they left the original up on the site as well. Just out of curiosity, would you find it confusing if you ran across two versions of the same story on a website with noticeable cuts (assuming for space) in one? I think I would if I didn't understand how that kind of thing works.

No comments:

Post a Comment